A year of fun.
(In no certain order, with links to some posts, a few things probably missing, and no puns intended)
In 2013 they:
- Performed at the 55th Grammy Awards and won the Best New Artist (“We’re so old!”) and Song of the Year at the Grammy’s (Out of their 6 nominations)
- Where Nate Ruess said “I gotta pee so bad,” and “If this is in HD you can see our faces and we are really not young" in his very first Grammy acceptance speeches.
- They had an interview with CNN.
- Won a Billboard music award for Best Rock Artist
- There was that MTV March Music Madness contest, which we did not win, but there was a great video out of it anyway.
- Some Nights went Platinum in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. (Already platinum in the US, since 2012)
- Performed at Radio City Music Hall
- Performed at The White House
- And at the Presidential Inaugural Ball
- The BBC radio 1, 360 performance
- Wrapped up their Out on Your Town Tour
- Released Selections & B-Sides from Aim & Ignite
- Released Sight of The Sun on the Girls soundtrack
- Released the fifth music video off Some Nights: Why Am I The One (And, of course, the shenanigans that happened behind the scenes)
- Also, thy released a lyric video for One Foot
- Began their Most Nights Tour that lasted from July 6th to October 13th, with Tegan and Sara as their opening act.
- Nate released Just Give Me A Reason with P!nk, performed with her on stage, and was in the music video. ( It reached #1, won a VMA and received a Grammy nomination. )
- Nate Recorded Headlights with Eminem.
- Nate co-wrote Goodness Gracious with Ellie Goulding
- Jack wrote an album of children’s music for and even appeared in the series Super WHY!
- Jack co-wrote Brave with Sara Bareilles, Sweeter Than Fiction with Taylor Swift ( which was nominated for a Golden Globe), and How Come You Don’t Want Me with Tegan and Sara.
- They did that wonderful GQ photoshoot.
- Performed at The Bridge School Benefit Concert
- Performed on The Today Show (And Jack gave them a tour of the Jersey Shore)
- They all performed with with Queen and Adam Lambert at the iHeartRadio festival
- The Ally Coalition projects
- That silly christmas video they made.
- And then they Released a live EP, Before Shane Went to Bangok.
Bring on 2014.
just spent another hundred bucks on band merch
being assistant manager of a pretzel place feels pretty great right about now
jack said bleachers is gonna release another song next month and the whole album in may also he said lots of cute things about being in the present and he didn’t wanna talk about an album that didn’t exist yet and that’s why he released i wanna get better out of the blue and also he said beyonce stole his idea